2020 Technical Program
Preliminary Technical Program Now Available
Download the Preliminary Technical Program for MS&T20 Virtual for a searchable PDF of the program or view the Session Sheets through ProgramMaster for real-time updates on individual sessions (including abstracts for individual presentations).
Navigating the Virtual Platform
View this nine-minute video to learn how to navigate the MS&T20 Virtual platform to view recorded presentations and participate in live events.
Browse Program Plans
Approximately 85 technical symposia are planned in 13 technical tracks at MS&T20. For your convenience, the symposia have been divided into the following technical tracks. Click on a track to view a listing of related symposia.
Topics include the following for MS&T20:
- + Additive Manufacturing
- + Artificial Intelligence
- + Biomaterials
- + Ceramic and Glass Materials
- + Electronic and Magnetic Materials
- + Energy
- + Fundamentals and Characterization
- + Iron and Steel (Ferrous Alloys)
- + Materials-Environment Interactions
- + Modeling
- + Nanomaterials
- + Processing and Manufacturing
- 12th International Symposium on Green and Sustainable Technologies for Materials Manufacturing and Processing
- Advanced Manufacturing, Processing, Characterization and Modeling of Functional Materials
- Advances in Surface Engineering
- Innovative Process Design and Processing for Advanced Structural Materials
- Joining and Integration of Advanced and Specialty Materials
- Low Density Advanced Composite Materials
- Materials vs Minerals: Bridging the Gap between Materials Science and Earth and Planetary Science
- Powder Metallurgy of Light, Reactive and Other Non-ferrous Metals
- Processing and Performance of Materials Using Microwaves, Electric and Magnetic Fields, Ultrasound, Lasers, and Mechanical Work – Rustum Roy Symposium
- Sintering and Related Powder Processing Science and Technologies
- Solid State Processing of Metals and Composites
- Synthesis, Characterization and Application of 3D Graphene
- Synthesis, Characterization, Modeling and Applications of Functional Porous Materials
- + Special Topics
The conference proceedings publication for MS&T20 has been cancelled. Authors have been advised to consider publication through journals published by the organizing societies. For publication information about a specific presentation, please contact the author.
A solicitation is circulating for presenters to participate in a symposium titled “Bulk Metallic Glass Matrix Composites III.” This symposium is not approved for presentation at MS&T20 and no abstracts are being collected for it by event organizers. Any direction or requests to the contrary are incorrect.
MS&T20 Program Coordinating Committee
Chair and AIST Representative
Chirag Mahimkar, Big River Steel
Shen Dillon, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Carl Cady, Los Alamos National Laboratory